TULSA, Okla. — Oklahoma led by 12 at the half and Arkansas opened the second frame with a 6-0 run, but it didn’t last long. The No. 19-22 Sooners hit a 3-pointer and quickly pushed the lead back to double-digits to cruise to a 79-70 victory.
The Sooners shot 51% from the field and out-rebounded the Razorbacks 33-25, but the difference in the game was Oklahoma’s ability to convert from 3-point range in the second half. Arkansas held the Sooners to just 1-of-4 from deep in the first half but Oklahoma drained 6-of-12 from beyond the arc in the second half.
Javian McCollum led the Sooners with 20 points, going 8-of-8 at the line. Otega Oweh had 14, Rivaldo Soares had 13 and Milos Uzah added 11.
The Razorbacks were led by Khalif Battle’s 13 points (6-of-8 FT) and Jeremiah Davenport scored 12 points. Maki Mitchell led the Hogs with six rebounds and three blocked shots.
Arkansas returns to action next Saturday (Dec. 16) for its annual trip to North Little Rock’s Simmons Bank Arena. The Razorbacks will face Lipscomb at 5 pm and the game will be broadcast on SEC Network+.
• Arkansas starters were El Ellis, Davonte Davis, Tramon Mark, Trevon Brazile and Chandler Lawson.
• Arkansas controlled the tip to start the game.
• Oklahoma’s Sam Godwin scored the first points of the game at 19:21. Arkansas’ first points came from El Ellis, a 3-pointer at 18:51.
• Khalif Battle was the first Razorback sub.
• This was the third and final Crimson & Cardinal Classic at Tulsa’s BOK Center. Oklahoma won the three-game series, 2-1, with Oklahoma winning the first installment and Arkansas winning last season.
• Arkansas leads the all-time series with Oklahoma 17-14.
• Arkansas tied its season high with 10 steals, matching its total from the season opener.
• Arkansas entered the game second in the NCAA in blocked shots (7.1 avg.) and came through with six versus Oklahoma. Arkansas has at least six blocked shots seven times this season.
• Khalif Battle has led the team in scoring in six of the 10 games.
Information from Arkansas Communications is included in this story.