FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Joseph Pinion scored a game-high 15 points off the bench and Trevon Brazile added 11 points to lead No. 10 Arkansas to an 83-49 exhibition win over Rogers State Monday night at Bud Walton Arena.
Nick Smith Jr., scored the first seven points of the game, but Rogers State battled back to make it a three-point game after an Isaac Johnson triple.
However, Arkansas answered with a 9-0 run and never looked back.
The Razorbacks used their length to block seven shots in the first half – four by Trevon Brazile — and Arkansas excited the crowd with three highlight-reel, allyoop dunks — two by Brazile. The Hogs owned a 37-20 lead at halftime.
Arkansas continued its dominance in the second half thanks to Pinion’s 12 points. Jordan Walsh also played a key role in the Hogs’ second half success with six points, four rebounds, two assists and two steals.
• Arkansas starters were Anthony Black, Nick Smith Jr., Jordan Walsh, Trevon Brazile and Jalen Graham.
• Arkansas committed 16 turnovers, but only five in the second half.
• Arkansas dished out 21 assists.
• Brazile was 5-of-6 from the field, including 1-of-2 from 3-point range, with six rebounds and four blocked shots. Most of that came in the first half as he only played seven minutes in the second half.
• Jordan Walsh led the Hogs with seven rebounds and had a team-best +23 in 23:16 minutes played.
• Joseph Pinion made 4-of-6 from 3-point range and was 3-of-4 at the line for his game-high 15 points.
• Arkansas forced 13 turnovers and Rogers State only had five assists.
• Arkansas shot 59.6 percent (28-of-47) from the field and 38.9 percent (7-of-18) from 3-point range, but was just 54.1 percent (20-of-37) from the free throw line.
Arkansas will take another step in its preparation for the 2022-23 season opener on Oct. 29 (Saturday) by playing the second of its two exhibition games.
The charity contest will be played at No. 12 Texas with tip-off set for 3 pm. It will be the first public event held in the Longhorns’ new Moody Center.