BATON ROUGE, La. — Hot-shooting LSU got 25 points from Will Baker and 20 from Jalen Cook to defeat Arkansas, 95-74, Saturday afternoon at the Pete Mavarich Assembly Center.
Baker was 9-of-11 from the field, including 4-of-5 from 3-point range, while Cook was 5-of-6 from the floor and 7-o-f-7 at the line. LSU’s leading scorer, Jordan Wright, was held to just one basket, a 3-pointer late in the game, but he scored 13 points by going 10-of-10 at the line.
Overall, LSU was 12-of-23 from 3-point range and was 25-of-28 at the free throw line. By contrast, Arkansas was just 3-of-13 from deep and 23-of-33 at the line.
Arkansas came out the gate early but LSU scored the next 10- points and led the rest of the half. The Razorbacks made a run to cut its deficit to 12 (36-24) to force a Tiger timeout. LSU responded with a 9-0 run to take its largest lead of 21 (45-24). However, Arkansas scored the last six points of the half for the 45-30 halftime score.
Baker led LSU with 17 first-half points and the Tigers were 7-of-12 from 3-point range in the period.
Tramon Mark paced Arkansas with 20 points and had a team-best six rebounds. Jalen Graham added a season-high 18 points. Makhi Mitchell had 10 points and a team-best four assists.
The Razorbacks will not play again until next Saturday (Feb. 10) when Arkansas hosts Georgia at 5 p.m.
Hogs Game Notes
• Arkansas starters were Layden Blocker, Khalif Battle, Tramon Mark, Jalen Harris and Chandler Lawson.
• Arkansas stole the opening tip to start the game.
• Jalen Graham scored the first points of the game with a jumper in the lane at 19:36.
• Makhi Mitchell was the first Razorback sub.
• Arkansas entered the game #2 in the NCAA in blocked shots, but blocked a season-low two shots. The previous low was three versus South Carolina.
• After getting 10 steals at Missouri, Arkansas had eight at LSU.