Remember when Vanderbilt was an automatic ‘W’ on your conference football schedule?
Not if you are an Arkansas Razorbacks fan in modern history you do not. Since the Commodores defeated us in what was (at the time) considered an upset against us in Week 2 of 2005, only one of the subsequent contests was not close … even scary.
Omit the blowout that we had against them in 2010, and our margin of victory over the remaining two games has been 2.5 points.
So many have said it: Every foe that is considered a lesser program always gets “up” in the season in which it rolls onto the Arkansas schedule. Vanderbilt is no exception this year.
Three fast points that could lead to a victory for the Hogs:
• Ty Storey is back in the lineup as the starting quarterback (as he should be).
• The defense must show heart in defending a Vanderbilt squad that has played close in several games this year against solid competition, including Florida and Kentucky. These were winnable ball games for the scholars from Nashville.
• I’ve picked on the special teams a lot as of late. Guys, I apologize. Connor Limpart is on a streak, and I have a strong feeling he will be the difference in this game. Keep up the great work, gentlemen.
Hey, we are still bowl eligible, are we not? Stranger things have happened. The Hogs (at home) keep that possibility alive.
Ryan McCrystal agrees:
Vanderbilt is a road favorite at Arkansas tomorrow… this hasn’t been a great debut season for Chad Morris at Arkansas, but Vandy has done nothing to deserve that kinda respect in an SEC road game.
— Ryan McCrystal (@Ryan_McCrystal) October 26, 2018
Arkansas 34 – 30
Andy Hodges is claiming a victory on our season competition early. With my being six games back I cannot help but hope his complacency his is downfall.
• (9) Florida at (7) Georgia – Bulldogs find a way to win a close one.
• (12) Kentucky at Missouri – The Wildcats make the Tigers fold late.
• (16) Texas A&M at Mississippi State [UPSET ALERT] – State is at home and returns to their dorms with a close victory over the Aggies.
• Tennessee at South Carolina – Vols by 10
• Alabama has scored so much this season that they take the week off and still earn a ‘W’.
Follow me on ‘Twitter’: @PeterMorganWPS