COLUMBIA, Mo. — No. 16 Arkansas (14-6, 4-5) held off Missouri (6-7, 2-6), beating the Tigers, 85-80, in Mizzou Arena on Thursday night.
The Razorbacks have now swept the season series against Mizzou two years in a row, beating Mizzou, 91-88, on Jan. 3 in Fayetteville.
Hogs guards Destiny Slocum and Chelsea Dungee poured in big offensive performances to lead the win.
Slocum notched a double-double with 22 points and 10 assists while shooting at an efficient clip, going 8-13 from the field and 6-8 on three-pointers.
Dungee scored a game-high 27 points and grabbed five rebounds in 38 minutes.
Arkansas got off to a fast start in this one, opening the game on a 13-2 run.
The Hogs kept the pressure on in the second quarter thanks to 16 combined points from Dungee and Slocum in the second frame.
Arkansas took a 45-39 lead to the locker room.
After starting the fourth quarter with a 12-point advantage, Arkansas allowed the Tiers a quick 7-0 run, and Missouri made its way all the way back to take its second lead of the game with 2:22 to go.
Arkansas took the lead right back after a pair of Dungee free throws, though, and Slocum sealed the game with a clutch three-pointer in the game’s final moments.
Some solid free throw shooting down the stretch cemented the win for Arkansas as the Razorbacks escaped Columbia with their first conference road win.
• Slocum became the first Hog with 10+ assists in a game since Malica Monk had 10 against Grambling State back in 2017 (12-28-17).
• It was the first 10+ assist performance by a Hog in an SEC game since Jailyn Mason had 10 against Ole Miss in 2016.
• Senior forward Taylah Thomas had five blocks in the game, a new career best.
• Dungee has now scored 20+ points in eight of nine SEC games this year, and has scored in double-figures in 24 straight games.
• Amber Ramirez, who scored 17, made five threes in the game, her third straight game with 5+ makes from deep.
Arkansas’ matchup against Texas A&M has been pushed up a week to Sunday with the Razorbacks heading to College Station to take on the Aggies.
The game will be broadcast on the SEC Network with tipoff scheduled for 2 p.m.