2019 Thickburger Eating Contest for a Football Trip of a Lifetime Official Rules
To ENTER: No Purchase necessary. Void Where Prohibited. To Enter, Participants must complete “Thickburger Challenge” which means eating a regular 1/3 pound Thickburger in 90 seconds or less (provided at no cost to participants), at a Hardee’s Restaurant Location in Fort Smith or Sallisaw during a Thickburger Challenge Remote. Listen to ESPN Arkansas 95.3 FM for times and locations, or call 479-484-7285 for more details. Contest begins June 17, 2019 and ends August 16, 2019. A drawing may or may not be held on the day of the contest finals to complete a field of 12 contestants, August 17, 2019, beginning at 12pm. All eligible participants must be 18 years or older at time of entry. All entries become the property of the sponsors, and will not be acknowledged or returned. KERX – FM and Hardee’s are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processessing of the entries in the contest. Contest period officially ends at 1pm (CDT) on August 16, 2019. Contest will resume on August 17, 2019, at 12pm at Hardee’s restaurant located at 1820 Phoenix Avenue, Fort Smith, AR. This “last-chance” contest entry period will end at 1:30 pm, prior to the start of the Thickburger Eating Contest. The” last-chance” entries will be the only entries collected on August 17, 2019, should a drawing become necessary.
2. Odds of Winning: Odds of being selected to participate in the contest finals, The Thickburger Eating Contest, will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
3. Methodology: A maximum of 12 participants will be allowed to qualify during the Thickburger Challenge Remotes for the Final Contest on August 17, 2019. The number of qualifiers for each remote will be determined by KERX 95.3 and Hardee’s prior to each remote. Thickburger Challenge Remotes will be from June 17, 2019 and August 16, 2019 and held at a pre-determined Hardee’s Restaurant Location. Times and exact location will aired on ESPN Arkansas 95.3 prior to each remote. Selected Participants must present proof of identification to verify their identity and age (valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, military ID, or birth certificate and picture school ID). Each person entering will be required to sign a statement of eligibility and release of liability. To qualify, participants must completely eat a regular 1/3 pound Thickburger in 90 seconds or less, which will provided at no cost to the participant.
4. Eating Contest: The Final Thickburger Eating contest will be held on or about August 17, 2019 at 2:00 pm (CDT) located at Hardee’s Restaurant at 1820 Phoenix Avenue, Fort Smith, AR. The contest will commence once the participants have been selected, verified, and have signed their liability waivers. Participants must completely consume the entire burger to be counted. One (1) first prizewinner will be determined to be the participant who has eaten the most 1/3 lb. Thickburgers in five (5) minutes. In the case of a tie, a winner will be chosen based on the judges’ determination of how many “total” Thickburgers were eaten in the time period (judges may use partially consumed burgers as tie-breakers).
5. Prizes: One (1) First Prize Package will be awarded to the participant who eats the most Thickburgers. The winner is solely responsible for all insurance and applicable Federal, State and local taxes except as mentioned herein. The Prize is non-transferable. No Prize substitutions are permitted. Except as mentioned herein, taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. A Statement of Eligibility and Release of Liability Form and all legal documents which may be required (including a W-9 tax form) must be completed and signed prior to the prize being awarded. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in forfeiture of Prize and an alternate prizewinner being selected from the remaining participants. Except where prohibited by law, by entering, the Participants consent to use of their names, voices, likenesses, and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration with the understanding that it will be relied upon Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc. and ESPN Arkansas 95.3 and any other sponsors in connection with the Hardee’s Thickburger Eating Contest. Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc. Pearson Broadcasting, their parent companies, subsidiaries, owners, stockholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, franchisees, licensees, agencies, affiliates, representatives, assigns, successors, managers, and operators of the contest, providers of the facilities used for the contest, advertising and/or promotional agencies or any other sponsors or promoters (the concerned parties), assume no liability or responsibilities, financial or otherwise, of any damage, loss or injury resulting from or arising out of the participation in the Hardee’s Thickburger Eating Contest. The concerned parties reserve the right at any time to cancel this contest, make rules and contest changes and/or substitute another prize of equal or greater value for any reason.
6. Eligibility: This contest is open to legal residents of the United States eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc., Pearson Broadcasting (KTTG/KERX/KBCN), their agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and members of their immediate families or persons residing in the same household are not eligible. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Winners who have won any major prize from Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc. or Pearson Broadcasting within the last thirty (30) days are ineligible and will be disqualified. Previous contestants who have won the contest for Three years consecutively shall not be eligible for a period of one year.
7. Decision of the Judges: All decisions of Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc. and Pearson Broadcasting regarding participant and winner selection and this contest are final. Hardee’s Food Systems Inc. and Pearson Broadcasting reserve the right to cancel this promotion at any time for any reason without notice.
8. To Claim Prize: The winner must claim the Prize before August 31, 2019, at Pearson Broadcasting, 1912 Church Street, Barling, AR 72923. In the event a winner chooses not to accept a Prize, or fails to claim the Prize within the allotted time, the Prize will be deemed forfeited and all claims to the Prize will then be awarded to an alternate Prizewinner, selected from the remaining eligible participants at the discretion of the sponsors. The Prize must be claimed in person unless otherwise specified. Proper identification is required to claim the Prize (valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, or military ID or school ID). In very unique situations, a designated representative will be allowed to accept the Prize on behalf of the Prizewinner. Written Authorization from the Prizewinner is required. Letter must include the representative’s name, social security number and a photocopy of the representative’s driver’s license or other proper ID. Pearson Broadcasting will qualify what constitutes a unique situation.
9. Promotional Rules: Official Contest Rules are available for review during regular business hours at the participating Hardees Locations, Promotional Remote Locations, or at Pearson Broadcasting.
10. Winners List: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to : Pearson Broadcasting 1912 Church Street Barling, AR 72923