That was crazy wasn’t it?
Week three did not have the sexy build up, but it delivered in the end with what will become some of the most memorable moments of the season when its all said and done. Here now, my thoughts following week three.
- Arkansas did not lose.
- Tennessee did, and it was spectacular. Brad Nessler nailed it on CBS.
- Mississippi State has put the league on notice. Dan Mullen IS a very good head coach and the Bulldogs look to be tough to handle.
- LSU is an undisciplined mess but I don’t think that is news. We can’t be surprised that Coach O’s guys are playing this way. He has never won an SEC road game as a full time head coach. It will not work out for him at LSU.
- Bobby Petrino never wins the big game. Louisville’s secondary was torn to shreds by Clemson and Lamar Jackson looked human, for once, against the Clemson defense. Dare I say rematch part three in the National Championship game?
- There are a couple of hyped quarterbacks who are good but far from great. Sam Darnold at USC had a pair of interceptions in only two games all last season. So far in 2017, Darnold has thrown two picks in each of the Trojans’ first three games.
- In Wyoming, I don’t know who started the rumor that quarterback Josh Allen was good but they lied to you and me. He has not done squat this season and got smoked by Oregon on Saturday and we know Oregon is not known for having great defenses.
- South Carolina is in rough shape losing wide receiver Deeebo Samuel for the year with a broken leg. Could be closer to .500 now for Muschamp’s team this year.
- Ole Miss wore down and got shutout by Cal in the 2nd half out in Berkeley. Quarterback Shea Patterson had to be looking for his free speech safe space after that one.
Butch Jones should be fired. He is out coached time and time again each year. He coaches so conservatively it makes Sean Hannity crazy. Tennessee had a bust for the ages on defense on the last play which led to the Florida hail mary win.
- Missouri is a total mess. Purdue crushed the Tigers in front of a small, intimate gathering of friends and family in Columbia. Hog fans how have to be saying “Thank God for Missouri.”
- Baylor is 0-3. This makes me happy.
- Mason Rudolph is going to the Heisman ceremony and if the Cowboys knock of Oklahoma in bedlam, he might very well win the most coveted and overrated award in team sports.
- I think Vanderbilt is good. They won’t win the east, but they could really mess things up for someone. Alabama travels to Nashville next Saturday at 2:30 on CBS.
- It is a “loser leave town” match next Saturday at 11 am in Arlington. Sumlin will get canned after a loss to Arkansas and Bielema will eventually get run if the Hogs lose AGAIN to those crazy Aggies.