Each week, you can count on me to give you all sorts of short thoughts on this week’s college football games. Some will be insightful, some will be straight up hot takes.
Some will make you think I need to go through concussion protocol.
So, without any further delay of game, here is my week one things I think I know about college football.
• Alabama’s defense will not miss a beat. Put them in the playoff today.
• Florida does not have a quarteback but will probably still win the SEC east.
• The week one SEC offensive MVP is Drew Lock of Missouri.
• The week one SEC defensive stinker goes to Missouri.
• Arkansas is better on defense in the 3-4 under Paul Rhoads.
• Vanderbilt is going to a bowl game again.
• Kentucky will miss a bowl game this year.
• Without DeOndre Francois, Florida State is not going to the playoff.
• We should still have these blockbuster week one games even though Florida State lost it’s quarterback week one.
• Michigan is a physically nasty defense that could give Ohio State problems at the end of the year.
• Arkansas’ offense is worse this year then last year.
• Texas is still terrible football and it makes me very very happy to say this.
• Baylor football is circling the drain. They will be back to going 4-8 every year soon.
• Mason Rudolph at Oklahoma State will be invited to the Heisman ceremony in NYC in December.
• Purdue vs. Louisville was the most fun to watch on Saturday. Petrino looks odd wearing glasses.
• South Carolina’s Jake Bentley made the best throw of the weekend on a touchdown to Deebo Samuel.
• I was pulling for Arkansas State to pull the upset in Lincoln.
• Are the Red Wolves the most exciting football program in Arkansas now?
• Nobody looked totally great during week one, so don’t feel bad if your team looked especially lousy on offense for a quarter or two, everything is fine.
¶ It’s great to have football to argue over once again and not politics.