I have run out of ways to describe Razorback football in 2017.
Like A.C. Slater when he tried to do sports on KTTY radio in that famous episode of “Saved by the Bell,” someone should wave a skunk in front of them.
That all being said, I am trying something new this week. I am going to homer up and write about what went RIGHT in the Hog loss to LSU on Saturday.
What I liked about the loss.
- Arkansas protected the quarterback! Only one sack recorded by the LSU defense on Saturday.
- Arkansas won the coveted time of possession battle.
- Hog running back David Williams lost zero yards in the game running the football. He gained and netted 81 yards on the ground.
- Connor Limpert is better then whatever that disaster LSU had going on in the place kicking department.
- Will Gragg showed up. Three catches for 47 yards including a 33 yarder in the game.
- Arkansas held Derrius Guice to less than 200 yards rushing Saturday. A big improvement over the 252 he got a year ago.
- Robb Smith is a good defensive coach and was a total scapegoat last year. He got a raw deal here and nobody talks about it.
OK that’s about it for me you got anything?
On to the rest of the college football landscape.
- I was wrong about Miami, although having tons of success based on creating turnovers is a lot like being hot at the craps table. Eventually, someone rolls a seven and you are busted out.
- To quote Tim Kurkjian, “Dan, Oklahoma is really good.”
- Tennessee fired Butch Jones after his team gave up 50 to Missouri. Arkansas will fire Bret Bielema after it gives up 50 points … to Missouri.
- Kerryon Johnson of Auburn should be in the Heisman discussion after his 167 yard performance against Georgia. Johnson now has 1,035 rushing yards on the season.
- Why can’t Wisconsin be in the playoff?
- Alabama is really feeling the injury bug right now but I think they will be able to win out and make the college football playoff again.
- Would a two loss, SEC Champion Auburn miss the playoff? It’s a possibility.
- Kansas is the worst power five football program in America. The Jayhawks have lost 45 straight road games, which is the most in the history of time and space in college football.
- Arkansas fans should never ask the question “Who are we gonna get?” Kansas football fans, (both of them) should.