2021 Thickburger Eating Contest for a Football Trip of a Lifetime Official Rules
Dallas vs. Kansas City – Thickburger Eating Contest GIVE-A-WAY OFFICIAL RULES 2021
- To ENTER: No Purchase necessary. Void Where Prohibited. To Enter for Free, complete the participant entry form by including all information requested and place in the official registration located at www.hitthatline.com/hardees. You may also automatically qualify by eating a regulation Thickburger in the qualifying time limit during our official live events at Hardee’s Restaurant Location in Fort Smith, Fayetteville, Springdale, Siloam Springs, or Sallisaw. Entries can also be made at promotional remote broadcasts on ESPN SPORTS RADIO 96.3. Listen to ESPN Radio 96.3 FM for times and locations or call 479-484-7285 for more details. Contest begins July 11, 2021, and ends August 21, 2021. Entries may also be made the day of the contest finals, August 21, 2021, beginning at 12pm. All eligible participants must be 18 years or older at time of entry. All entries become the property of the sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Pearson Broadcasting Management Services Inc. and Hardee’s are not responsible for late, illegible, incomplete, altered, mutilated, or lost or misdirected entries, for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the contest and such entries will be void. Only one name per entry. Reproduced entries will not be accepted. Contest entry period officially ends at 1159pm (CDT) on August 18, 2021. Contest entry will resume on August 21, 2021, at 12pm at Hardee’s restaurant located on Phoenix Avenue, Fort Smith, AR. This “last-chance” contest entry period will end at approximately 1:45 pm, prior to the start of the Thickburger Eating Contest. The” last-chance” entries will be the only entries collected on August 21, 2021.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of being selected to participate in the contest finals, The Thickburger Eating Contest, will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- Drawing Methodology: Fifteen (15) participants will be selected by random drawing from among eligible entries or automatic qualifiers at our live remotes during the contest period. Up to Twelve (12) participants may qualify at promotional remotes between July 15, 2021, and August 15, 2021. Up to Two (2) participants will be selected by random drawing from among eligible entries at www.hitthatline.com. All eligible entries collected online will be combined for this random drawing on August 19, 2021. Up to Two (2) participants will be selected by random drawing from “last-chance” entries at 1:45 pm on August 21, 2021. The Thickburger Eating Contest will begin at or near 2:00 pm on August 21, 2021, at Hardees Restaurant Location on Phoenix Avenue, Fort Smith, AR. All selected participants will be notified by phone by August 19, 2021. Participants selected in the “last-chance” drawing must be present in order to participate in the final contest. Selected Participants must present proof of identification to verify their identity and age (valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, military ID, or birth certificate and picture school ID). Each person entering will be required to sign a statement of eligibility and release of liability.
- Eating Contest: The contest will be held on or about August 21, 2021, at 2:00 pm (CDT) located at Hardee’s Restaurant on Phoenix Avenue, Fort Smith, AR. The contest will commence once the participants have been selected, verified, and have signed their liability waivers. Participants must completely consume the entire burger to be counted. One (1) first prizewinner will be determined to be the participant who has eaten the most 1/3 lb. Thickburgers in five (5) minutes. In the case of a tie, a winner will be chosen based on the judges’ determination of how many “total” Thickburgers were eaten in the time period (judges may use partially consumed burgers as tiebreakers).
- Prizes: One (1) First Prize Package will be awarded to the participant who eats the most Thickburgers. The winner is solely responsible for all insurance and applicable Federal, State and local taxes except as mentioned herein. The Prize is non-transferable. No Prize substitutions are permitted. Except as mentioned herein, taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. A Statement of Eligibility and Release of Liability Form and all legal documents which may be required (including a W-9 tax form) must be completed and signed prior to the prize being awarded. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in forfeiture of Prize and an alternate prizewinner being selected from the remaining participants. Except where prohibited by law, by entering, the Participants consent to use of their names, voices, likenesses, and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration with the understanding that it will be relied upon Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc. Pearson Broadcasting and ESPN Sports Radio 95.3 and any other sponsors in connection with the Hardee’s Thickburger Eating Contest. Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc. Pearson Broadcasting, their parent companies, subsidiaries, owners, stockholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, franchisees, licensees, agencies, affiliates, representatives, assigns, successors, managers, and operators of the contest, providers of the facilities used for the contest, advertising and/or promotional agencies or any other sponsors or promoters (the concerned parties), assume no liability or responsibilities, financial or otherwise, of any damage, loss or injury resulting from or arising out of the participation in the Hardee’s Thickburger Eating Contest. The concerned parties reserve the right at any time to cancel this contest, make rules and contest changes and/or substitute another prize of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Eligibility: This contest is open to legal residents of the United States eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc., Pearson Broadcasting (KTTG/KERX), their agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and members of their immediate families or persons residing in the same household are not eligible. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Winners who have won any grand prize from Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc. or Pearson Broadcasting within the last thirty (30) days are ineligible and will be disqualified.
- Decision of the Judges: All decisions of Hardee’s Food Systems, Inc. and Pearson Broadcasting regarding participant and winner selection and this contest are final. Hardee’s Food Systems Inc. and Pearson Broadcasting reserve the right to cancel this promotion at any time for any reason without notice.
- To Claim Prize: The winner must claim the Prize before August 31, 2021, at Pearson Broadcasting, 1912 Church Street, Barling, AR 72923. In the event a winner chooses not to accept a Prize or fails to claim the Prize within the allotted time, the Prize will be deemed forfeited and all claims to the Prize may then be awarded to an alternate Prizewinner, selected from the remaining eligible participants at the discretion of the sponsors. The Prize must be claimed in person unless otherwise specified. Proper identification is required to claim the Prize (valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, or military ID or school ID). In very unique situations, a designated representative will be allowed to accept the Prize on behalf of the Prizewinner. Written Authorization from the Prizewinner is required. Letter must include the representative’s name, social security number and a photocopy of the representative’s driver’s license or other proper ID. Pearson Broadcasting will qualify what constitutes a unique situation.
- Promotional Rules: Official Contest Rules are available for review during regular business hours at the participating Hardees Locations, Promotional Remote Locations, or at Pearson Broadcasting.
Winners List: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Hardee’s Thickburger Eating Contest, 1912 Church Street, Barling, AR, 72923, between September 1, 2021, and September 20, 2021.