After winning her first two career all-around titles in wins over Alabama and Auburn, Jessica Yamzon set a new career best against No. 3 Florida, scoring a career-best 9.875 on floor exercise for a 39.300 in the all-around.
Florida, the No. 3 team in the nation, scored a 49.250 or higher in the first events on the way to the 197.125-195.200 win over Arkansas on Friday night in Barnhill Arena.
Alex McMurtry scored a 9.975 to anchor the Gators on uneven bars in the first rotation, while Alicia Boren won the all-around title with a score of 39.500.
Arkansas posted identical scores of 48.950 on vault and uneven bars in the first rotations. Braie Speed scored a team best and matched her season with a 9.850 on vault and also matched her season best with a 9.825 on uneven bars. Hailey Garner led the way with a 9.850 on uneven bars.
Yamzon and Michaela Burton posted scores of 9.850 and Samantha Nelson added a score of 9.800 on balance beam in the third rotation.
Arkansas closed strong, scoring a season-best 49.325 on floor exercise. All five competing gymnasts scored a 9.825 or higher, led by Samantha Nelson with a team season-best 9.900. Yamzon scored a career-best 9.875, while Sydney McGlone scored a season-best 9.875.
• Florida has won 14 straight meets against Arkansas, including six dual meets, since Arkansas won meetings during the 2011 season.
• Braie Speed matched her season bests on both vault (9.850) and uneven bars (9.825). She also made her career debut on balance beam.
• Hailey Garner posted her fourth score of 9.8 or higher on uneven bars in five meets this season.
• Four of the five competing gymnasts on floor exercise matched or set season bests, including Jessica Yamzon who set a caeer best with a 9.875 and Samantha Nelson (9.900) and Sydney McGlone (9.875), who both set season bests.
• Jessica Yamzon matched a career best on vault (9.775) and set a career best on floor exercise (9.875) for a career-best 39.300 in the all-around.
• Samantha Nelson joined Sydney McGlone in becoming the second gymnast to post multiple scores of 9.900 this season and they both have done so in different events.
Four different gymnasts have combined for five scores of 9.900 this season:
• Amanda Wellick (Vault at UCLA)
• Sydney McGlone (Vault vs. Missouri, Balance Beam at Georgia)
• Samantha Nelson (Balance Beam at Auburn, Floor Excercies vs. Florida)
• Hailey Garner (Uneven Bars vs. LSU)
Arkansas will face one more team ranked in the top 10 nationally: No. 9 Kentucky on March 3.
Arkansas is on the road for its next two meets, traveling to Michigan State on Feb. 25 and No. 9 Kentucky on March 3. The Razorbacks return home for a Senior Night tri-meet against San Jose State and Centenary on March 10.