Arkansas’ early basketball schedule continues to take shape with defending Sun Belt Tournament champion Troy the opponent in North Little Rock.
The Razorbacks will make their annual trip to the Verizon Center in North Little Rock on Saturday, Dec. 16, welcoming Troy to town as the Trojans are coming off their best season in program history that culminated with a conference championship and an appearance in the NCAA Tournament.
Arkansas also returns from a short holiday break to host 2017 NIT Final Four participant CSU Bakersfield on Wednesday, Dec. 27 inside Bud Walton Arena.
The Roadrunners posted 25 victories a season ago and captured their first Western Athletic Conference regular season championship in program history.
• Went 22-15 last season and had a top 150 RPI.
• Won the Sun Belt Conference Tournament and advanced to the NCAA Tournament.
• Return their top two scorers and 62.4 percent of their scoring output from last season.
CSU Bakersfield Notables
• Went 25-10 last season and won the WAC regular season championship.
• Posted a final RPI of 59 with five victories against top 100 RPI teams.
• Return 42.2 percent of their scoring and their second leading scorer.
Arkansas continues to add to its best home schedule of the Mike Anderson era, hosting three non-conference teams coming off NCAA Tournament appearances and two more that advanced to postseason play.
Under Anderson, Arkansas is 55-2 (.965) in non-conference games in Bud Walton Arena. The Razorbacks are 3-1 all-time against Troy and will play the Roadrunners for the first time in program history.
The Home Dates We Know
• Friday, Nov. 10 – Samford
• Saturday, Dec. 9 – Minnesota
• Saturday, Dec. 16 – Troy (NLR)
• Wednesday, Dec. 27 – Cal State Bakersfield
• Saturday, Jan. 27 – Oklahoma State